Jabal Shams (means) the ‘Mountain of Sun’. From a height of nearly 3000 meters is high making it the highest mountain in Oman. The view from the top over the Grand Canyon is absolutely breathtaking.
What To Expect
Visit oman .Drive to Jebal Shams which is Located in the western Hajar. Its name means ‘Sun Mountain’ the highest point lies at 3010 meters .this Mountain is the highest Mountain in Oman .
The drive takes around 1.5hrs to the base of the mountain. Travel via Fanjah, Izki and Nizwa. Stop at Nizwa for a walk through the ancient Capital of Oman . Then Drive to Al Hamra and stop at. Wadi Ghul, from here a 30 minute off road drive takes you into the wadi past small villages and water pools to Wadi Nakhr, at the end of the wadi. At the bottom of the wadi is Oman’s Grand Canyon with a Breath taking View. wadi ghul is well worth a visit, You may wish to take a short walk or even a mountain bike into this dramatic and pretty wadi that takes us on a journey through more than half a billion years of geological time.
When you arrive at the end of the Wadi you will see a village famous for its famous bright colors rugs and designs. From Here reach Jebel Shams, the highest peak in Oman at 3000 meters.
The views offer spectacular views of Wadi Nakhr. Visit the local weaver and haggle for their wares. You will stop at misfat on your way Back, Al Abrein, a picturesque village strapped on to the side of a mountain. this tours is one of our top ranked tour Among our Muscat Tours .Return To Muscat.
- Muscat Hotels
- Muscat Airport
- Muscat harbor (for shore excursions passengers)
- Outside Muscat pickup and drop off on request only (additional fee maybe applied)
- 08:00, 08:30 daily , Fridays 07:00, 07:30
- All hotels around Muscat and Sultan Qaboos Port.
Outside Muscat pickup and drop off on request only (additional fee maybe applied)
Cost for 4-hour of Muscat in a 4WD Car
- 400 USD (pax:1)
- 210 USD (pax:2)
- 157 USD (pax:3)
- 124 USD (pax:4)
- 101 USD (pax:5)
- 80 USD (pax:6)
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle (Maximum capacity : Salon Car 3 seats / 4 X4 vehicles 6 seats )
Price Not Include
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Extra supplement for Nizwa Fort Ticket: 15 USD per person
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Tour is operated with Private guide in ENGLISH.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Can be operated by a multi-lingual guide with Extra charge
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.