Combine visits to Jebel Shams and Nizwa during this 10-hour tour from Muscat. In a rugged 4×4 vehicle, get spectacular views of Oman’s Grand Canyon and dig in to a traditional lunch in the mountain village of Misfah. Entrance fees, lunch, and round-trip transportation from Muscat accommodations are included.
What To Expect
Enjoy convenient hotel pickup in Muscat around 8am. Meet your guide and group, then climb into a 4×4 vehicle specially equipped to handle the rugged terrain of Oman.
Set out through the Hajar Mountains, bound for the township of Nizwa, which once functioned as the country’s capital. Arrive in Nizwa to visit the bustling souq, or open-air marketplace, and the Nizwa Fort.
Depart Nizwa and head for Jebel Shams, traveling through Wadi Ghul on the way. Keep your camera handy for fantastic views of Jebel Shams, the highest mountain in the Jebel Al Akhdar range, standing at more than 9,800 feet (3,000 meters) tall. Then, travel through the Grand Canyon of Oman to explore remote villages and check out ancient rock carvings.
Continue on to the mountain village of Misfah, where you can follow the ancient stone pathways to the valley below. In a mountainside restaurant, sit down for a traditional meal before making the return trip to Muscat.
- Muscat Hotels
- Muscat Airport
- Muscat harbor (for shore excursions passengers)
- Outside Muscat pickup and drop off on request only (additional fee maybe applied)
- 08.30 am
- All hotels around Muscat and Sultan Qaboos Port.
Outside Muscat pickup and drop off on request only (additional fee maybe applied)
Cost for 4-hour of Muscat in a 4WD Car
- 435 USD (pax:1)
- 230 USD (pax:2)
- 163 USD (pax:3)
- 133 USD (pax:4)
- Transportation in 4×4 deluxe vehicle
- Driver guide in English
- Lunch with soft drinks & entrance fees
- Maximum 4 pax per vehicle
Price Not Include
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Tour starts @ 08:30 am.
- Tour is operated with Private guide in ENGLISH.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Can be operated by a multi-lingual guide with Extra charge
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.